Frames differ from Power Frames in that their power doesn’t come from the wielder of the machine, but rather from a power source imbedded within the machine itself. Thus, the use of a Frame is slightly different from the Use of a Power Frame.
While wielding a Frame the following rules apply:
- A Frame is capable of movement all day long, but activating a Frame for combat is either an encounter or daily power based on the type of energy which is being used. Low Tech, Steam Frames, can only be activated once per day, while higher tech frames can be activated once per encounter. Activating a Frame for combat is a minor action, which doesn’t provoke attacks of opportunity. If not activated, the wielder can not take any actions, other than movement, but still gains the benefit of increased AC and DR.
- The first time a character becomes bloodied while wielding a frame in an encounter, is stunned for one round.
- When first sighted by an enemy, the enemy must save or be marked by the wielder or the frame. Any enemy which fails its save is marked (save ends).
- A Frame is considered to be heavy Armor and grants a +12 bonus to AC.
- A Frame grants Frame Damage Resistance 3 to the wielder. This DR stacks with any other Damage Resistance that the wielder may have from a different (non-item) source.
- The driver is limited in his actions to only basic attacks, both melee and ranged as well as opportunity attacks.